Organiser: Education Commission
Topic: The DeliverEd Initiative
Title: Presentation and discussion of findings of in-depth analyses of delivery approaches in 4 countries
Date: Wednesday, 19th October 2022
Time: 15:30 PM – 17:00 PM Mauritius time (GMT+4)
Venue: Le Méridien Île Maurice
Storyline: The Education Commission’s DeliverEd Initiative, in partnership with the ADEA, have hosted quarterly sessions of the African Policymaker Forum on Delivery Approaches and COVID-19 Response. The Forum has convened a Community of Practice to discuss experiences, needs, and opportunities in responding to COVID-19 delivery challenges in Education. Throughout the forum, the Community of Practice has discussed multiple topics ranging from EMIS, Teacher training and support, digitization of curriculum, access, and equity. During this session, DeliverEd will present the main research findings of in-depth analyses of delivery approaches in Ghana, Jordan, Pakistan, and Sierra Leone (Sierra Leone Policy Note will be launched at the event) for discussion. The objective is to share the key DeliverEd findings while engaging in a fruitful conversation with researchers, practitioners, and policymakers.
- Present DeliverEd research findings of in-depth analyses of delivery approaches in Ghana, Jordan, Pakistan, and Sierra Leone (Sierra Leone Policy Note will be launched at the event) to help answer the question of how to deliver in education.
- Explore the role of Delivery Approaches in policy implementation, systems transformation, and building resilient systems.
- Greater awareness and appreciation of the findings to help government leaders make better decisions on how to effectively implement systemic education reforms that impact learning based on evidence.
- Global consensus and awareness on the critical need to improve service delivery by building more flexible, resilient, and sustainable systems to achieve SDG 4 by 2030.
Moderator: Dr. Dzingai Mutumbuka, former Minister of Education, Zimbabwe
- Mr. Christian Elongue, Knowledge Management Officer, ADEA
- Ms. Abril Ibarra, Project Lead, DeliverEd, Education Commission
Opening remarks: Hon. Yaw Osei Adutwum, Minister of Education, Ghana
- Hon. Yaw Osei Adutwum, Minister of Education, Ghana
- Amel Karboul, former Minister of Tourism, Tunisia/ CEO of Education Outcomes Fund
- Dr. Sam Awuku, Project Lead, Innovative Pedagogies, Education Commission
- Prof. Robin Sannassee, SADC Education Expert
- Ms Nuga-Deliwe, Acting Deputy Director General for Business Intelligence, Ministry of Basic Education, South Africa